Sunday, January 27, 2008

Warm Weather!

We're having a bit of a warm spell here in southern Colorado - it's 60 degrees! My girls are ecstatic! I must admit it feels really weird. Looks like it will only last through tomorrow though! I've been busy, but don't have any pictures to show. I guess I need to get better with the camera - I'm always conning one of the girls into taking photos for me.

Anyway, I've finished Step 2 of Carolina Crossroads and am working on Step 3. I got waylaid by bug jars though! I'm in the jar swap for Quilting Forum & they need to be postmarked by Feb. 1st. I've made 24 jars and have 6 more cut out to finish. I actually have 3 more bug fabrics, but doubt I'll be able to get many more done because I have a crazy week at work. I had to restrain myself from agreeing to take part in the Superbowl Sunday Bargello that Bonnie of Quiltville is organizing - I think I'll sew all day (both DH & I hate football!) but on the Carolina Crossroads quilt. Also, I'm in the doll quilt swap on quilting forum, will be getting my partner info tomorrow. I llove doll quilts - I made one over the holidays for me niece's little girls birthday next month - need to post a picture of that too! I hope to hand quilt that one - I've never handquilted before and would really like to try it - I think a two year old won't notice the imperfections - LOL!

On the house front, we are buying a beautiful multi-level home here in Colorado Springs. We close on Feb. 8th, but won't be actually moving in until the 13th. Can't wait to get out of this apartment and get my sewing stuff organized again - and my Pfaff Grand Quilter and frame setup! My goal was to have Carolina Crossroads done and quilted by a longarmer in the area in time for the move, but that's not going to happen! I'd like to purchase templates for Baptist Fans, so maybe I'll wait and quilt it myself.

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

Congrats on the new home. We are moving on Feb. 15. We can celebrate our new sewing rooms together.